Short-Term Plan (the rest of 2017)
- The timetable has been reworked to maximise occupancy of all teaching spaces.
- The PAC and Library will be temporarily subdivided with office screens and partitions to form temporary classrooms.
- The senior common room in Euphrasie will be converted to the staffroom.
- The admin staff and their facilities will be set up in Fourviere House.
- The food technology space will shift to use the PAC Kitchen.
- The PAC will be used for NCEA exams.
- The senior common room will be relocated to the canteen.
Priority has been given to senior students doing exams to ensure the least possible disruption to their routines. Once the senior students leave in October the pressure on accommodation is reduced.
Medium-Term (2018 – 2019)
- Six relocatable classrooms are currently being purchased and will be shifted onto the school site in early 2018 for full time teaching use.
- Plans are being drawn up for additions and alterations to Carroll O’Donovan House and contractor engagement is being fast tracked to enable a new food technology room to be constructed for use in early 2018.
- Options for the remediation and/or replacement of all or part of Mission House will be explored in the next few months to determine the best outcome to overcome the problems with Mission House.
- A master planning process will be undertaken with a local architectural practice to explore options for any redevelopment needed to fix or replace Mission House. The students and staff will have an opportunity for input into this process.
- A "Construction Zone" on the netball courts, accessed from new temporary gates off Hautana Street, will be fenced off and set up to separate construction activities from school activities during the redevelopment process.