Delta Alert Level 2 Return to School
Return to School Information
Kia ora koutou
We are excited about being able to welcome all students and staff back to our school site on Thursday 9 September and we are very prepared for this return.
You can be assured that in Delta Alert Level 2 we will be following all MOH and MOE guidelines including:
- Physical distancing - while physical distancing is not a requirement in schools, we will be doing our best to keep students from congregating in very large numbers and keeping spaces well-ventilated.
- Contact tracing - we will know who is at school and who our staff and students have been in contact with.
- Practising good hygiene and conducting regular cleaning.
- Requiring any students and staff to stay at home if they are sick, and sending anyone home if they show any symptoms.
- Face coverings are not required to be worn in school. The Director General of Health has recommended that children 12 years+ wear a face covering at school – just as older children are required to wear face coverings in some other places. The decision to wear a face covering is up to you and your whānau, whatever your decision it will be respected.
Wednesday 8 September
Staff will be on site preparing classrooms for students returning to school.
There will be no online classes today – students can catch up on current work and get prepared for returning to school.
From Thursday 9 September
All students to return to school.
Students are to go to their Ako class by 8.45am - here they will receive key messages about our Health and Safety processes.
Teaching classes will resume after this Ako time – it is week A.
Students must bring their own device – they will need to be responsible for the safety of this device.
Buses will be running as normal – masks are required on all public buses but not school buses.
Canteen will be open for service at both interval and lunchtime.
Full school uniform is to be worn.
Students can wear a face mask, they must supply their own.
It’s important however that not just at school but at home, safe hygiene habits are practised by everyone, as this is essential to minimise the risk that someone gets infected with Covid-19. For more information about the public health measures at Delta Alert Level 2, you can visit the covid19.govt.nz website: https://covid19.govt.nz/
We are looking forward to students being on site – if you would like to discuss anything with me please contact; [email protected]
Take care and stay safe.
Ngā mihi nui