SHC Level 2 Update
SHC Level 2 Update
Kia ora koutou,
The good news is that we are able to welcome all students and staff back to our school site on Monday 18 May.
As we have done in Alert Level 3, you can be assured that in Alert Level 2 we will know who is at school, who our staff and students have been in close contact with and take appropriate measures to keep everyone safe.
Physical distancing is a good precaution to prevent the spread of disease. We do however know it is challenging in schools, so good hygiene practices and regular cleaning are even more important here. This includes staff and students coughing into their elbows, handwashing and drying and regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces.
Under Alert Level 2, we advise any students and staff to stay at home if they are sick, and we will send anyone home immediately if they show any symptoms.
Our school has safe and sensible practices to maintain the health and safety of everyone on the school site. As described by Dr Payinda in his NZ Herald article, "Covid's not measles or chickenpox, it doesn't hang in the air for hours waiting to infect passers-by. It travels on invisible drops of spit. You don't have to cross the street to avoid anyone. Just avoid getting in their 'moist breath' zone". We all just need to remember to have some breathing space at Alert Level 2!
To assist us in our planning for Level 2 we ask all students to complete this survey about devices by Thursday 14 May: student or parent log on to Kamar Portal [LINK TO PORTAL] using the tab at the top "level 2 return to school survey".
We will be operating at Level 3 for any students who choose to attend this week (in library, online learning).
Monday 18 May
- All students to return to school.
- Students are to go to their tutor class by 8.45am - here they will receive key messages about our Health and Safety processes.
- Teaching classes will resume after this tutor time – it will be week B.
- Students are asked to bring their own device if possible to school – they will need to be responsible for the safety of this device.
- Buses will be running as normal.
- Canteen will be open for service at both interval and lunchtime
- Full school winter uniform is to be worn but we are aware that some winter items are on order through the uniform shop.
It’s important however that not just at school but at home, safe hygiene habits are practised by everyone, as this is essential to minimise the risk that someone gets infected with Covid-19.
For more information about the public health measures at Alert Level 2, you can visit the covid19.govt.nz website.
We are looking forward to students being on site – if you would like to discuss anything with me please contact me [email protected]