Sacred Heart College, Lower Hutt is proud of its past and of the place it holds today as a very successful educator of young women. It is a College where excellence is pursued and celebrated within a caring and Christian atmosphere. High expectations, academic, sporting and cultural are part of the daily fabric of school life. The richness and variety of the opportunities offered contribute to the formation of well-rounded and self-confident young women who are ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. The combination of excellent staff who are caring and generous and students who are responsive, positive and enthusiastic ensures an excellent school with an excellent school spirit.
— Lisl Prendergast, Principal, Sacred Heart College
The College Aims
- To build a community based on the Gospel values of freedom and love
- To fulfil the spirit and intent of the Treaty of Waitangi by valuing and reflecting New Zealand's bicultural heritage
- To value and affirm the cultural diversity of the school community
- To offer programmes that endeavour to meet the needs of the students, catering for a variety of learning styles
- To provide each student with the best possible learning opportunities through the provision of a balanced curriculum , leading to current New Zealand qualifications
A full copy of the Charter and the Prospectus can be obtained from the college office.