At Sacred Heart we combine the Young Vinnies and Caritas groups, calling ourselves Vinnitas. Young Vinnies is an organisation that helps in and around the community, while CARITAS is a Catholic organisation promoting peace, development and justice in New Zealand and around the world.
Our projects over the year include:
- Making greeting cards, selling muffins, and organising raffles for fundraising
- Visiting the elderly in rest homes
- Coordinating collections of recycled baby clothing, gift baskets, toys and wool for community organisations
- Fundraising with pancake sales on Shrove Tuesday
- Fundraising with mufti days for particular causes