Extra Curricular Music Groups
To further nurture each student's musical ability we offer a wide range of music groups. Playing in a group is a fun way to help motivate students through musical interactions with peers. Singing and playing together grows students' musical knowledge, helps refine technique, develops leadership skills, and students learn to have fun with music.
Music Performances with these groups give students the opportunity to show their peers, family, and friends what they have been working on. Students have the chance to perform in a wide range of settings, including The Big Sing Choral Festival, National Youth Jazz Competition, RockQuest, Barbershop Young Singers in Harmony Contest, Chamber Music Contest, Wellington Band and Orchestra Festival, NCEA Performance assessments, assemblies, and liturgies.
- Barbershop Chorus and Quartets, directed by Sinapi Taeao
- Concert Band, directed by Frankie Curac and Mike Isaacs
- Jazz Combo, directed by Mike Isaacs
- Jazz/Funk Band, directed by Mike Isaacs
- Liturgy Band, directed by Beth Kriechbaum and Mike Isaacs
- Rock Bands, facilitated by Paddy Bleakley
- Te Rōpū Reo Manawa, directed by Beth Kriechbaum and Cath Haley
- String Orchestra, directed by Rebecca Harvey and Thom King